Thursday, August 16, 2007

More on Wikis

I've been enjoying looking around at different Wikis. I do wonder how well they would work in a public/staff interface. If they are just used for work then they'd be fine.

I checked out some of the library outreach/instruction sites, Wiki served more as a listing of links, which is useful. It didn't look like libraries were using the Wiki itself to provide instruction information.

Thanks to Kerry I have a better example of an interactive Wiki used as a wiki, not a place to list links. The Ohio State University Library provided a great example of a library using Wikis and Meebo chat.

Don't you just love finding out who/what has been editing Wikipedia? I would like to see such information more readily available, perhaps as part of the Wiki itself instead of a Hack providing that information. I know on some Wikis you can check what a previous entry looked like but it doesn't always tell you who edited it.

Wiki 2: Woohoo, I added an entry for Special Collections. Yay me.

I like the chat feature with Meebo. Sue showed me that if you want to save a session you need set it up to save before hand, you can't save the session during the chat.

No comments: