Friday, August 17, 2007

Rollyo and Google Custom Search

I think many of my fellow library employees are exploring Rollyo right now too. The site seemed slow and unresponsive.

Even with the slowness of the site it was fun to explore. It does take a lot of steps to create your CSE but it was fun. I liked looking at the CSEs other folks had created. I did create a CSE, Shoemath, all about shopping. The results it gave were not quite what I expected but it worked out okay. I think I need to tweak it a bit more and it'll work fine.

Google's CSE was much easier and faster to set up. I have it bookmarked on my toolbar. I couldn't figure out how to do that easily with Rollyo. In all, I think I'd use Google's CSE instead of Rollyo just because it is simpler.

I'm getting quite a collection of bookmarks on my toolbar. I wonder if firefox extensions will offer different options on the symbol next to a link? I'm getting bored with the generic dog-eared page symbol.

No comments: